Friday, November 22, 2013

2013 TBR Pile Reading Challenge



So I decided to join this fun challenge which I just found out about. Hosted by Evie from Bookish. Check out her post for more details. I'm pretty late in the club as we're already at the end of 2013. But, well, I'm doing it. When I feel like doing anything, I just do it.



Levels:

1-10 - A Firm Handshake
11-20 - A Friendly Hug
21-30 - A Sweet Kiss
31-40 - Love At First Sight
41-50 - Married With Children

I'm going to aim for 'A Firm Handshake' (1-10 books). And, I'll be listing the books as I go because list and I are not fond of each other (I tend to disrespect any list that I made, that's why).

My reads (so far) (And I'm going to put in the books that I've read this year before officially joining the challenge. I hope it counts as well) (I think I'm in love with parentheses):
  1. Dari Penjara Taliban Menuju Iman by Anton Kurnia. It's a Malay version of Indonesian original book. In English, the title would be roughly translated to 'From Taliban Prison to Faith/Belief'. 
  2. Harut dan Marut by Saad Ismail Syalabiy. Harut and Marut, in English. | Review
  3. My Life Next Door by Huntley Fitzpatrick | Review
  4. Ashes by Ilsa J. Bick | Review
  5. Shadows by Ilsa J. Bick | Review
  6. Warm Bodies by Isaac Marion | Review
  7. The Pledge by Kimberly Derting | Review
  8. The Hunger Games (The Hunger Games #1) by Suzanne Collins | Review
  9. Catching Fire (The Hunger Games #2) by Suzanne Collins | Review
  10. The Hunger Games Tribute Guide (The Hunger Games Companion) by Emily Seife
  11. The Hunger Games: Official Illustrated Movie Companion (The Hunger Games Companion) by Kate Egan
  12. The Wonderful Wizard of Oz by Frank L. Baum
  13. Harry Potter and The Philosopher's Stone by J. K. Rowling | Review
  14. The Miserable Mill (A Series of Unfortunate events #4) by Lemony Snicket | Review
  15. The Penultimate Peril (A Series of Unfortunate events #12) by Lemony Snicket | Review
  16. The End (A Series of Unfortunate events #13) by Lemony Snicket | Review
  17. Lucinda's Secret (Spiderwick Chronicle #3) by Tony DiTerlizzi and Holly Black | Review
  18. The Ironwood Tree (Spiderwick Chronicle #4) by Tony DiTerlizzi and Holly Black | Review
  19. The Wrath of Mulgarath  (Spiderwick Chronicle #5) by Tony DiTerlizzi and Holly Black | Review
Did I just completed the 'A Firm Handshake' level O.o? But, I haven't written any review yet, so I guess I'm far from completing the challenge. I've written some of them though, but haven't posted it yet. Part of me who is a professional procrastinator says to just post it tomorrow, teehee xD. So, tomorrow it is.

Update (26th November 2013): Seeing that I've already read more than 10 books, I want to move up a level: A Friendly Hug (11-20 books). All the best, myself :)

Update: Mission accomplished! Kind of xD. But the level said 11-20 books, I read 19, so I'm still in the level range, right? So yeah, mission accomplished, I guess. Now, someone give me a friendly hug, please. Hehe. Trying to write up the reviews.



May peace be upon you :)